– Anyone looking for womens self defense training in the U.S, look no further than Julie Werhnyak of Artemis Self-Defense. Julie has 20 years of experience on the Tempe Police force and over 30 years of Martial Arts and combatives training. Julie has first hand knowledge of who,what,where,how and why crimes are committed. Very few people are more qualified then Julie…most of all she is a super cool chick!
Peter Sciarra -Australia’s highest ranked Close Quarter Combat instructor
– Julie, I would like to personally thank you for coming to our sales meeting. Today was by far the best meeting we have ever had. And I’ve been with the company for almost 10 years The information you provided us was/is absolutely priceless.
Laura – Arizona Best Realty
-I joined ten other women of all ages and fitness levels for a self-defense class with Julie and her team at Artemis Self-Defense. I enjoyed every bit of it and learned a lot! Although there was some review from a previous course I had taken, I realized how important it is to continue learning and practicing in order to keep myself safe. That’s why I am going to do a follow-up class in the future. The more realistic the trainin, the more confident I will become in my capabilities to defend myself. I realize that the goal is to not be attacked at all, but you better believe that if I am attacked by someone, I will put up a good fight with the new skills I learned from Julie! I highly recommend this class to every woman. The more educated we are, the safer we will be!
Ashley Williams – Physical Therapist
-My 18-year old daughter and I attended an Artemis Self-Defense workshop together. What an eye-opening and excellent experience. Julie, the owner of Artemis, has so much helpful experience and stories to relate from her past 18+ years in law enforcement. Julie did an outstanding job of identifing every day situations where women need to be more aware of their surroundings. Her class was about 4 hours long and included both classroom time, as well as hands-on self-defense techniques. Julie provided excellent (and extremely helpful) information geared toward young girls and how they can avoid dangerous situations when out with friends. Being that my daughter is graduating high school and heading to college next year, I was extremely grateful for this information. I also loved her advice which was “to follow your instincts”. I was so impressed with her class that my daughter and I are attending a 2nd follow up class from Artemis which goes into more hands-on and scenario based instruction. I have already recommended this class to 5 of my friends.
Kelley Howard, Director of Sales
Got the opportunity again yesterday to assist (play the bad guy) in another Women’s Self Defense class put on by Julie Werhnyak of Artemis Self Defense. If you’re looking for a class to take for yourself or someone you know, this is the one. I have not seen a class with a better instructor or a more thorough curriculum, covering both mental and physical considerations, planning/preparation/prevention, and excellent situational drills. HIGHLY recommended.
Niko Huffman, Combative Systema Instructor/Business Executive
-I have taken this workshop taught by Julie twice! Once with my daughter in law and once with a friend, benefiting greatly from both workshops. It is a class that I believe every woman young and not so young should take. I am 55 years old and cannot tell you how much I learned in this workshop. You will leave more aware not only of your surroundings, but of yourself and the way you present yourself to those you encounter. Rather than leaving fearful of this world, you will leave with a greater confidence in yourself and your ability to reduce your risk of BECOMING a victim. You will also leave empowered with tools to defend yourself should you be attacked. Julie brings proven statistics along with years of law enforcement experience to this class and generously shares both with the students.
I have encouraged every female I know to take this class and will continue to do so. This class was one of the first steps on my road to being a safer, more confident person but will certainly NOT be the last! I will be taking additional classes from Julie and look forward to continuing my education in self-defense. Do yourself a favor and take this workshop!!!! You will not regret it!
Jeanette – Business Professional
– Artemis has such a great instructional program for Realtors……
Julie and her team have compiled the perfect “hands-on” safety workshops for us. As Realtor’s we are so vulnerable. We are often unsuspecting and trusting in hopes to build a rapport that potentially acquires us new business. Julie took us through numerous scenarios that were very real and eye opening. From her extensive law enforcement and self-defense background she has structured a program that will truly heighten your awareness and keep you safe. Don’t miss the opportunity to attend one of her classes!! Be safe and prosper.
Terry – Russ Lyon Realty
– Taking Julie’s self-defense seminar is one of the best things I have ever done! The knowledge I gained in the class was huge. It was so empowering for me as a female to feel that if faced with an unwelcome encounter, I now know steps to take to defend myself or to exit the situation.
The first two hours of class is a presentation of her personal stories, of everyday situations we could find ourselves in and most importantly, how to reduce our risk of becoming a victim. The second 2 hours of class were my favorite. We went to a room with mats on the floor, and learned different ways to physically protect ourselves, followed by getting to whale on a guy in a padded suit with our new moves. We got to repeat these maneuvers several times, to make us feel more confident in our newly learned skills.
I would highly recommend this seminar! I can’t wait to take my follow-up class and beat up on another bad guy!
Lisa Brack, Registered Nurse
– I am a 70 year old woman. I am short, fat, and old. Please note: only in age, not in spirit. I took Julie’s first self defense class for women and the follow up class. I was so impressed with her and her helpers. After the classes, I was very motivated to change my exercise routine from taking an old kooder easy class to more strength weight training and cardio workout. I now have become more aware of my surroundings and think ahead, what will I do. I know that I may not be able to do every self defense move that Julie taught us in class. However, I would like to pick a few that I can do well. Julie is a great roll model for women fighting back. Julie, I want to fight like you girl.
RJ Schmit, Medical Intuitive