California University of PA: Bachelor of Science degree in Sport management with an emphasis in Exercise Physiology.
Rio Salado College: Associate degree in Law Enforcement Technology.
- Crew Member Self-Defense Instructor: Federal Air Marshal Service
- 2 time member of the United States National Tae-Kwon-Do Team
- Black Belt in Tae-Kwon-Do and American Karate
- Retired Police Officer, 20 years of service
- Police Defensive Tactics Instructor
- Police Impact Weapons Instructor
- Confrontational Simulation Instructor
- Certified Taser Instructor
- Certified Subject Matter Expert, State of Arizona: Physical Fitness
- Police Firearms Instructor
- Trained Hostage Negotiator: FBI
- Founder: Artemis Self-Defense
- Certified Personal Trainer: National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Police Defensive Tactics Instructor of the Year: International Circle of Masters
- Adjunct Faculty Member: Rio Salado College
I grew up in Ohio and was the youngest of three girls. I began training in martial arts at the age of 5; however I kept falling asleep during class. At the age of 13, my parents told me that if I could pay for my own Tae-Kwon-Do lessons, they would take me. I subsequently sold my mini-bike and bailed hay with the Amish men down the street (earning a whopping $1/hr.) and I paid for my lessons (I don’t think they saw that coming when they made the deal).
I currently reside in Phoenix, Arizona and am a Police Officer. I have also lived in Atlanta and Chicago. Through competition and leisure, I have been fortunate to travel to a number of different countries. I am happiest when I am eating great food, traveling, teaching or spending time with my family (including my 2 dogs) and friends.
Like everyone else, I have had my ups and downs but overall, I have had a great life. I have had some of the best teachers and coaches in the world and I have met some of the most amazing people along the way. Through years of training and experience as a Martial Artist and Police Officer, I have learned to deal effectively with aggressive behavior and I want to share what I have learned with you! In order to do this, I founded Artemis Self-Defense: a program committed to preventing violence against women by empowering them, through tactical solutions for understanding, preventing and defending against aggressive behavior.